TIPS AND GUIDES FOR MOVING
International moving is constantly voted as one of the most stressful life events anybody can go through. The three most important tips for a secure, smooth and timely transition are:
- Start the planning and the preparation well in advance
- Focus yourself on the arrangements for family and job(s)
- Select Gosselin Mobility to take care of the door to door move!
To help you get a head-start in your preparations, we’ve compiled some checklists, guides, references and tips based on our years of experience in the industry. Of course we’ll make your move as smooth as possible, but arming yourself with knowledge in advance will definitely help to ease some of those pre-move jitters.
- Defrost your fridge/freezer.
- Keep important documents in a safe place, to avoid them being packed accidentally.
- Make sure you have some food/beverages for moving day.
- Remember that your movers will appreciate tea or coffee too!
- Fully charge all mobile/cell phones.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Get an early start, and have a nutritious breakfast.
- Ensure any children/pets are out of the house before the moving crew arrive.
- Talk to the foreman of the moving crew to give specific instructions you may have for certain items.
- Check the inventory list and sign it.
- Provide the driver with your contact information and verify that the destination address is correct.
Moving with children?
Find out how you can make them as comfortable as possible...
Where ever you go, of course you will take your little friends with you. Find out how you get your pet accross in a safe and comfortable manner.
When your car or bike is not just a means of transportation.
We safely move your wheels accross the globe, so you are ready to roll.
Would you like to find out more about where you’re going? And what might help you to prepare yourself and settle in faster? Click here for some useful tips and links.